

YSA Melbourne



August Committee Meeting

When 27-08-2023 at 07:30 PM

Location: Slack, Slack

Chairperson Beck Smith

Minute taker Orion Zymaris

Present Maxwell Boyle , Jasmine Salter , Beck Smith (Vice President (Events)), Orion Zymaris (President, Secretary)

Minutes

1. Confirmation of Previous Minutes

Meeting Opens at 7:49 pm

Becky: I move a motion to confirm the minutes of the previous meeting

Motion Passes Unanimously

2. Social Planning

Becky: Are we still thinking a social at the state library?

Orion: The study social?

Becky: Exactly. When do we wanna do it; when do exams start?

Jasmine: English exam is something late October, let me check.

Becky: We'll still do it on the weekend. What day?

Jasmine: Sunday, I think.

Becky: Ok, the 8th at 11 o'clock at the state library.

Becky: How do we advertise it?

Max: I think advertising the fact we have people who can help with content is a great chance. We have a bunch of YSA people who can help, and they'll be able to help each other

Becky: I can make the canva, but can someone else post it to the socials?

Max: I'm happy to do that

Becky: I'm happy to do the email. Facebook will be same content as the email, should be easy; I can do that. And make a tidy event.

Orion: I can do the tidy event!

Max: 8th of October, right?

Becky: Yep

Tasks

- Canva
Assignee: Maxwell Boyle
Due date: 03-09-2023
- Email & Facebook
Assignee: Beck Smith
Due date: 03-09-2023
- Tidy Event
Assignee: Orion Zymaris
Due date: 03-09-2023

3. General Business

Orion: We may as well discuss the scavenger hunt social for the end of the year

Becky: I went to the gardens to get photos and ideas for questions. I just don't know what format; google doc to fill out, pen and paper, etc

Jasmine: I like pencil and paper better, it's more fun and nostalgic.

Orion: As a backup mechanism we can just give them one of our numbers to submit answers to.

Jasmine: Could also function as a lifeline, we'll give answers but they lose points

Becky: Do we want to do individual clues, or a narrative form; what kind of structure do we want?

Orion: I think people would really love the narrative format, it's more work but more fun

Becky: I'd love to do something like that. I might go look around the gardens again sometime soon

Jasmine: I had an idea of doing a forest themed event, I think that could be cool! Including having seeds to hand out

(All): That would be cool!

Jasmine: I have boxes full of dried roses that could be incorporated

Becky: That would be awesome; just gotta consider they might not want us having other plants near some of the gardens

Orion: If we have multiple stations for the hunt one of them will likely be far enough away from the gardens, we can probably make it work

Becky: We also need to consider how to get volunteers (I have a friend who's too old to be a member but would love to help), how many stations etc.

Orion: I think number of stations would be determined by number of volunteers

Jasmine: We could have a mix of manned stations and 'find the hidden area' unmanned puzzles

Orion: Good point!

Becky: I'll go look around the gardens again and see what looks like a good station!

Orion: You could have it set up so they have to answer the clue to find the station, and they can't do the task unless they can give the answer

(some discussion ensues about ways to make this feasible)

Becky: I'll send some photos of potential places in the gardens later this week, see if you guys like them. Anything else we need to discuss?

Meeting closes at 8:11 pm

End of minutes.

Summary of matters arising are tabled on the following page.

Minutes of August Committee Meeting on 27-08-2023

Summary of Matters Arising

Tasks

Item	Task	Assigned to	Due date
2.	Canva	Maxwell Boyle	03-09-2023
2.	Email & Facebook	Beck Smith	03-09-2023
2.	Tidy Event	Orion Zymaris	03-09-2023